Free Seeds On Online Orders Over $50

Roma Sauce Maker Made the BEST Blackberry Jelly

By on August 27, 2010

Last weekend Mr. It’s-too-hot-to-wear-a-shirt and I made the most delicious blackberry jelly!

We picked nearly eight pounds of blackberries on the path across the street from our house. Then we piled them in the hopper of the Roma Sauce Maker. We used the second smallest screen from the accessory kit to keep the seeds out of our berry juice. We cranked away, then boiled the berry juice with some sugar for 40 minutes, poured it in sterilized, hot Weck Mini-Tulip jars, and processed in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.

The result? Seedless berry juice made the BEST jelly ever!

Click here for the recipe.

V

Yummy! Did you need to use pectin or did it jell on its’ own? I think I need to get my parents to look at this saucer they love seedless jam and this makes it so easy!

Posted by virginia@groworganic.com on Aug. 28, 2010 at 8:45:02 AM

“You can post tips on our plantcycle group and return for sharing you can post your link so people will come visit your site.  You can join as a member using your business name address if you wish or just for posting articles set to ““no mail”” or digest if you wish to get one email from the group a day.

I love your site.”

Posted by Cherrie Mckinstry on Sep. 08, 2010 at 7:54:24 AM

L

We use the Roma Sauce Maker for juices. It makes great tomato juice and our grapes are almost ready to harvest and turn into juice. No seeds no skin just deliciousness. We also make the smoothest pasta sauce after the tomatoes go through the Roma. That is until my husband chunks it up with all the other veggies in the garden and a few capers that we wish we could grow. Smooth or chunky the Roma gets us off to an easy beginning.

Posted by linda on Sep. 21, 2010 at 3:25:17 PM

T

I just love those little weck jars to pieces. So cute!

Posted by Theresa Loe on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:33:06 AM

T

Hi!
I have one of these and I ran the roasted tomatoes through and the end result was great…. until I got to the cleanup!  I had tomato skins stuck in the small end of the screen I could not get anything in there to clean it out.  Any suggestions?

Posted by Tina on Oct. 24, 2012 at 2:06:10 PM

Theresa, We find the Weck jars to be pretty irresistible too!

Posted by GrowOrganic.com on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:21:51 PM

Tina, That sounds frustrating! The small screen should be accessible—perhaps you can check and see if you have completely disassembled the strainer? The screen should only be 2 inches away from an opening. Then soak the screen section well in hot, soapy water and use the corner of a scrubbing sponge to loosen the tomato skins. I hope this is helpful—please let me know.

Posted by GrowOrganic.com on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:26:14 PM