Thanks for Subscribing!
Use Code: at Checkout!
Hurry! Expires !
Regular readers of this blog will remember the GGP I started back in November. The cover crop came up beautifully, and the result was a rich, fertile soil, which was moist and pliable. After renting a rototiller from Gold N Green rentals 2 weeks ago, I spent about 3 hours with a huge, self propelled machine, tearing up my front and back yards. Word of advice: take frequent breaks; your arms will thank you. The vibrations from that machine caused my forearms to ache for days—and the grass allergy I didn’t know I had helped too.
We are now in the middle of waiting for the cover crop to finish decomposing; about a 4 or 5 week process. Once that is done, we can start installing the irrigation system and prepping the beds. The goal is to have our seeds in the ground by mid-May. Stay tuned for updates.